Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A New Twist on 'Mental Muscle'

In the past, I've seen a number of references to research studies which showed very clearly that merely 'visualizing' something, like shooting hoops (basketball), could result in skill nearly as good, after some time, as the people actually practicing.

I'm a mind-freak so I've always found this fascinating.

So I was really intrigued by this blog article referencing research which allegedly found that you can build nearly as much muscle by visualizing building it as by actually working on it physically.

While I don't expect this to make many buff dreamers, I do think it is an intriguing consideration for existing bodybuilders when it comes to what they are doing with their minds while working out.

http://jonathanfields.com/blog/brain-buff-research-thoughts-on-strength-fitness-weight-loss/

No comments:

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.