Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Waking Up on the Floor

I can't remember why, last March, I gradually abandoned low-carb eating. But the predictable result, four months later, is that I am heavier, slower, can barely move, and even looking back on the exercise I was doing four months ago seems staggering and impossible.

I am starting yet anew. It's a good thing I'm an optimist!

Last night 'before I went to sleep' I did one (just one) Goblin Squat ("gSquat"). I'm about ready to go find some food, then I have a few hours work and then sleep (my schedule is off), and I will do as many as I can now, but at least two. My goal is to do this daily, do more each day, and see how many I can work up to.

Or until I can do 15, at which point I will pick up a small dumbbell to add to the process.

I've been back on the lowcarb wagon for 9 days now. I'm starting to feel slightly weary and in about another day or two I will probably be craving carbs so much I fantasize about broccoli. But for now I'm ok. By day 14 my body should have shifted into a ketogenic state, I estimate. That always helps, as I have more energy, and just the "feel" of it encourages me and makes me feel like something useful is going on.

I have little to blog about right now since I am just starting yet-again. But hopefully within a couple of months I will be back to the place I'd gotten four months ago, in the last post I had here. Aside from being healthy, feeling good, and not dying, there is the issue that my landscaping still needs more work!

PJ
.

1 comment:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

"Aside from being healthy, feeling good, and not dying..."

Well, that's a pretty good start right there. Best wishes to you.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.